Nisha and I kicked off the maiden episode of Microsoft DevRadio on MSDN. It you are like me (meaning you love to hear me talk) then this is just your cup. It’s a decent overview of the benefits and compelling opportunities in Windows 8 for developers and entrepreneurs.
Then again, if you are looking for quality content, solid facts, excellent in anything, or witty commentary you’ll need look elsewhere (like here). After all, it’s me – not even Nisha can rescue everything.
Note: my favorite part is how my lips don’t sync perfectly with my words. That’s how I really talk! People love that. :)
We're kicking off a new series today and in this inaugural episode we're talking all things Windows 8. Tune in as we cover the basics from what's new in this latest installment as well as what you need to know to build, publish and profit from developing your first application. Be the first in line people....Windows 8 is coming and we need your apps!
Step #1 – Download Windows 8 Release Preview and Windows 8 SDK
Step #2 – Start building your own Metro Style Apps for Windows 8
Step #3 – Contact a Developer Evangelist in your area and get your Windows 8 App published!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
Blogs & Articles:
- Jerry Nixon’s Blog
- Top 10 Reasons why Metro development smokes Windows Desktop development
- Top 10 Reasons why I choose XAML over HTML5
- "The Windows 8 Platform Overview for Metro Style Apps" with Jerry Nixon
- “Windows Store and Building Metro Style Apps” with Michael Johnson, Jeremy Foster & Alice Pang
- “Metro Design & UI” with Jeremy Foster and Matt Harrington